Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Couples Bucket List


Okay, so let's just be honest, this will probably be the most personal post yet. I started making this list the Summer after Chris and I started dating. And I just showed it to him the other day, because I wanted to give him the heads up that with his permission I would post it! Of course being the wonderful man he is, he gave me the go ahead and here goes nothing!

My Couples Bucket List
  1. Build a fort in our living room
  2. Build a treehouse in our backyard
  3. Watch a meteor shower
  4. Have a food fight
  5. Walk everywhere for a day
  6. Throw a black tie dinner for two
  7. Take dance lessons
  8. Get lost on purpose
  9. Preform feng shui to our house
  10. Write a note to our future grandchildren
  11. Kidnap each other for a play date in the park
  12. Book a trip and travel in the same day
  13. Campout close to home
  14. Do something touristy in our hometown
  15. Burry a time capsule in our backyard
  16. Set a world record in something
  17. Spend the night in someplace haunted together
  18. Cook something we grew
  19. Go on a hot air balloon ride
  20. Build a house of cards and then run through it
  21. Build something that will outlast us both
  22. Volunteer at a soup kitchen on a holiday
  23. Go white water rafting
  24. Test drive a car we will never be able to afford
  25. Skip out of work and go bowling
  26. Make our own pasta from scratch
  27. Donate blood together
  28. Carve our names into a tree
  29. Watch 26 movies in 26 days, each starting with a letter from the alphabet
  30. Send a message in a bottle
  31. Watch the sunrise and set in the same day.
  32. Pay for the next person’s toll on the highway
  33. Go for a ride on a scary roller coaster
  34. Ride cross country on the train
  35. Take a cooking class together
  36. Build a bird house
  37. Plant an herb or vegetable garden
  38. Volunteer at the ASPCA
  39. Put together a giant jigsaw puzzle
  40. Split a milkshake
  41. Go to the aquarium
  42. Kiss in the rain
  43. Get matching outfits
  44. Ride a Ferris Wheel
  45. Go on a road trip
  46. Stargaze
  47. Go to the zoo
  48. Watch fireworks
  49. Read a book together
  50. Look at Christmas lights
So of course we have done some of these things, but the majority of them we have not. And I printed out a copy and put it in a Willow Tree box that Chris's Grandma gave me for Christmas. It is the Embrace box:
I am not going to lie, it is probably one of the most beautiful and perfect gifts I have ever received. 

As we make our way through this list I plan on dating each completed activity or task, maybe even adding a memorable moment! I will definitely keep an update on here as we go. But for those of you out there that have maybe been working on a list similar but have not shared with your better half, do it. Sharing this list with Chris made me want to complete it and actually feel motivated to start doing some of those things. I can promise you that when I go and visit him this weekend we will for sure do at least one!

The Couple's Bucket List is a good idea in my opinion because you can put things on the list that are out of your usual routine of dates or activities. I am especially excited for the 26 movies in 26 days, but I know that will only be possible once we are able to see each other on the daily. And the Ferris Wheel will be an experience because I am terrified of heights. But watching the sunrise and set in the same day is definitely a possibility for the near future. I wanted to mainly focus on things we can work on this year, and leaving the big ones for our future together. But I love my man and I cannot wait to get this list started. 

So grab a pen and paper and get to work on your Couple's Bucket List!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been fun going through the list :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! One on mine is to play messy twister together. (Put matching paint on each twister dot, and play like normal.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome Creative Date! I might have to steal that one for our Monday Night Date Night!

      Delete
  3. I love these. Some of them I had already put on our bucket list and some were good ideas that I adopted. So sweet and cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been married for 18 years and still have not kissed in the rain!! That needs to be moved up on our Couples Bucket List asap. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great read indeed! If only there are more authors out there like you! Want to start company? Get the best business incorporation services with the best singapore company incorporation consultant now!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Excellent blog. Keep it up. However, Want to find a way to connect more with the people closest to you? At Flowjo, we created the Couple's Bucket List. The Couples Bucket List can help you with that! So that you never miss another moment again.

    ReplyDelete