Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Date

So for those of us that do not live close to home (I'm only an hour and a half away, but sometimes it feels like years in the car!) that means that we do not have the luxury of being able to go to both our houses and our significant other's house for Thanksgiving. This is the second year in a row that this has happend to Chris and me. So for the second year in a row we made our own Thanksgiving! We keep it super simple, I do not have the skills (yet!) or time to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner for two. So here are a few simple ideas on how to create a simple Thanksgiving date for two!

Dinner:
-Bread
-Canned Cranberries
-Sliced Turkey
-Instant Mashed Potatoes

I love this date and I almost forgot about it. Because I am on duty this weekend in my building I had to have Chris pick up all of the supplies. He was super sweet and the only reason he had not offered before was because he thought I was going to surprise him, so I am glad that I did ask. So once you prepare your sandwich the way that you like (Chris: just turkey, bread and mustard. Samantha: turkey, cranberries, and mashed potatoes) then you just sit down and be thankful to be in love with the person of your dreams (or just get to know each other!!) and enjoy the Thanksgiving spirit.


Thanksgiving Sandwich (the name of my masterpiece), our dinner, and the two of us in love!

A picture of me and Chris

Disclaimer: I am not baled! I wore a hair donut in my hair that did not show in the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment