Warning: Only do this craft if you are patient and do not mind waiting an hour or so in between coats of polish, I waited overnight before putting on the glitter polish. So now that you have been warned...
-Nail Polish (one color per key, if you want)
-Glitter Nail Polish (optional)
1) Grab your key and paint one thin layer of nail polish on one side. Allow some time to dry. Proceed to painting the inside holes of the key and the outer rim. Please note: you cannot place the key face down on a table at this point because the key may still be wet even if it feels dry! I stuck my keys in a couple of textbooks with the top sticking out so they could suspend and dry that way. Also, only paint the top part of the key (as seen in the picture) or else when you go to use your key it will scratch the paint off in your lock!
2) Repeat step one until desired color is achieved (I did two coats for each color and allowed to dry in between).
3) Let keys dry for a loooong time, I let mine dry overnight because I started this craft at 8 PM, but I would still allow a couple of hours for all layers of paint to dry.
4) If you want your keys to sparkle, apply a layer of glitter nail polish to your keys! I let mine dry while I was at class for three hours and that was more than enough.
5) Very carefully put your keys back on your key ring. This is where your key could be scratched, so be careful!!!
6) Enjoy your beautiful keys!
Products I used:
-Spoiled (by Wet'N'Wild) Tip Your Waitress
-Claire's Breakfast at Tiffany's
-Claire's Glitter Top Coat