Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Cleaning... Under the Bathroom Sink



So when I am back home I have to compete for space in the bathroom with my sister. Love her to death but this time when I got home it was like there was absolutely no room for anything I brought! So I talked to my mom and I told her I would put in new Contact paper under the sink and clean out the stuff so that my sister and I could share the space nicely!

What you will need to achieve an organized bathroom sink:
-Containers (preferably the kind with handles so you can easily remove it from under the sink), get enough so that each person using the bathroom will have their own space.
-Roll of Contact paper--your's is probably dated anyway so just buy a new roll
-Box cutter to trim the new contact paper to size
-Garbage bags--you will be throwing stuff out!

How I cleaned out under the bathroom sink:
1) Take EVERYTHING out. I mean everything, do not leave a single bottle or roll of toilet paper in there.
2) If you have old, dated contact paper under the sink, rip that stuff out!
3) Put in the new Contact paper!
4) Organize your beauty products and bathroom supplies by category (bathroom supplies, face stuff, hair stuff, nail stuff, etc.).
5) Throw away anything that has less than 1/4 of product in the bottle (unless you use it every single day).
6) Throw away anything you haven't used in a month.
7) Throw away any products you did not like or know you will not use again.
8) Put remaining items into your bathroom container.
9) Put your bathroom supplies in their own spot under the sink.
10) Put away bathroom containers under sink.

I wish I could show you a Before and After picture, but it did not occur to me to do a blog post until I was in the middle of the mess. The first "During" picture I took is the title picture and as you can tell it was quite the mess... Here is the second "During" picture:

At this point I have separated my sister's things by face, hair, and nail supplies and she just had to toss whatever she did not want to keep anymore!

And the end result... Drumroll Please!

Ta Da! It looks so much better, once again wishing I had that "Before" picture. But my sister and I each have a container (mine is blue!) and we were able to  still have enough space so that the cupbord does not look too cluttered.


No comments:

Post a Comment