Saturday, February 18, 2012

Craft Day Saturday Continues!



So I made a date jar! I had seen these online on various blogs and I loved the idea. Chris and I spend so much time trying to figure out what to do with our time together. So I asked him to think up some ideas he would enjoy doing, and I thought up a lot more from different websites, blogs, and Pinterest. So since I was able to use the paint and stickers from my last craft I just had to buy the following items (on my Michael's trip).

  • Mason Jar - $1.29
  • Red Ribbon - $2.50
What I did to make this jar was paint the whole thing with white acrylic paint (two to three coats, gotta make sure you cannot see through it), and then once it was dry I used a little stick to draw a circle (scratching out paint) and then get all the paint scratched out of the circle. Then I added some Valentine's Day Stickers and a red ribbon! I also puff painted around the outside of the circle just to give it a bit more of a finished look.

I cannot wait to start using this date jar! I will write about our dates from the jar (and our planned dates!). Enjoy your craft day!

No comments:

Post a Comment