Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So You are Graduating High School Today...Eight Pictures to Take!


So here is Part Two of my High School to College Series that I am writing this summer! If you read Part One I wrote about a Top Ten List of things you should do before graduating high school. But today or in the next few days you will be graduating from high school (or college... these picture ideas will apply to anyone graduating!) and I have eight pictures that you need to have before you take off your cap and gown and start on your next life adventure.

Before/During the Ceremony

The "This is How I Decorated My Cap" Picture: So technically my high school did not allow us to decorate our caps, but I had already finished when they announced the day of graduation that we were not allowed to. This bad boy took me two days of spending three hours a day gluing sequins. Not an exciting job, but the end result was worth it.

The "Walking to Your Seat" Picture: this is where your parents use that zoom on the camera and try and find you in a line of people that look exactly the same. Try and wave to them (if you know where they are sitting) so they know where you are in a sea of caps and gowns!

The "I Got My Diploma!" Picture: I would also suggest if you can to get a picture of you walking to get your diploma and exiting the stage, because of terrible lighting none of my pictures turned out well when I was on the stage. You can also buy a copy if your school has a photographer taking pictures right when you receive your diploma, but I did not buy mine. Also, do not hold your diploma upside down like I did...

The "We Did It!" Picture: This is the most stereotypical picture you can take at a graduation, but I am so happy I have it! There is nothing like capturing the excitement of the end of a graduation.

After the Ceremony

The "Family" Picture: Take a picture with the people who came to show their support! They came to watch you accept your diploma and finish off high school!

The "Sister" Picture: Be sure to take a picture with your sister! I did not take a picture with my brother, which is weird because he was definitely there. Think ahead and plan time to take a picture with each of your siblings.

The "Daddy's Girl" Picture: This could be modified for one parent or both, but I just love this picture of my dad and me!

The "Best Friend" Picture: I know this picture is blurry and that is such a bummer, but I absolutely love how candid it is. We also took the staged side-by-side picture but I chose not to include that one.


So there you have it! Eight pictures you should definitely look into having on your camera before you leave the graduation! There are thousands more I hope you plan on taking, but these are the ones you will always look back on!

4 comments:

  1. Wait, is this in Sonoma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need one with your mom, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful. Diploma de preparatoria en linea en Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Great Ideas! Along with the comments! Thank you for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete